Kemper CPA Group LLP, a 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time bookkeeping position in our Paducah, Kentucky office.
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and California. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a full-time bookkeeping position in our Paducah, Kentucky office.
The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the client organization are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties for the client. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts (bank reconciliations).
- Payroll preparation including related payroll tax returns and deposits.
- Sales tax return preparation.
- Manage accounts receivable, including receiving payments, handling inquiries, and billing customers.
- Manage accounts payable, including paying invoices and handling payment inquiries.
- Maintain vendor contact information.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- 2-3 years bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Prior bookkeeping/accounting experience with QuickBooks is required.
- Tax preparation experience a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to work well with limited direction.
- Ability to perform complex tasks related to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ability to communicate with upper-management, co-workers, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Intuition for exercising good judgment.